Revised policy updated as of June 4, 2013.
The Website is operated by the San Diego Chargers.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here..
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from this site.
Please read the information below to learn more about our data collection policies and practices.
- Types Of Information That May Be Collected
- How Information May Be Collected
- How We Use The Information Collected
- With Whom The Information May Be Shared
- Chat Rooms, Forums, And Message Boards
- Links To Other Websites
- A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
- Correcting/Updating Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
- Information You Provide Us: In the course of using the website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information such as your name, address, email, zip code, phone number, unique identifiers such as your user ID, user password, demographic information such as your date of birth, age, or gender, and financial information such as your credit card number or similar information.
- Site Usage Information: We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your IP address. See "IP Addresses and Click Stream Data" section below for further information on this topic.
- Email Communications: When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation noting you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
- Registration: You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally identifiable information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer, such as newsletters or contests. Participation in registration is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website.
- Newsletters and Website Emails: We offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Website, about us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about our marketing partners and advertisers and sponsors. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Website. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website. You may also cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Website or within the email communication itself.
- Surveys or Voting: From time-to-time we may request personally identifiable information from you in conjunction with a survey or voting poll. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website. Games: When you register to play games on our Website, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information.
- IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data: We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information. Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analyzed, this data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like. Transaction Information: If you conduct a financial transaction with our Website, such as order information from our Website, buy our products, or subscribe to services offered on our Website, we will ask you to complete an order form that will request certain information from you, including contact information, demographic information and financial information. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the information, products or other services that you order, and to invoice you. For your protection, such information is collected and stored through encrypted means.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Website;
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- inform you of a prize you have won;
- monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- customize the advertising and content you see;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Website; and
- send you promotional material or special offers on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share your personal information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others and the ways in which you may opt-out of having your information shared:
- Agents: We employ other businesses, certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Website analysis, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They may have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for their own purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
- Dreams Retail (http://shop.chargers.com), Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com) and LoadMail (http://webmail.gobolts.com) are powered by these individual companies and their privacy policies apply to all information collected. Some of these sites may have the look and feel of the Chargers, but you are actually entering your information on these third party sites. Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personally identifiable information.
- Other Promotional Offers: We may send offers to you on behalf of our marketing partners. When we do this, we do not give that partner your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may use the opt out method detailed in the email or change your preferences by logging into your account.
- Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: The Website may use a third party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyze the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other Websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or Websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behavior information from our Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Administrative or Legal Process: Your personal information may be transferred to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our rights, or protect the rights of other users of this website.
This Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personally identifiable information is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Website may make chat rooms, forums and message boards available to its users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
SOCIAL MEDIA (Features) AND WIDGETS:
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The Website is a general audience Website. We do not currently collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the Website. If in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.) including, without limitation, obtaining necessary parental consent.
The Internet offers children wonderful educational and entertainment resources. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the Direct Marketing Association's Web Website (www.the-dma.org) and explore the Get CyberSavvy! Program as well as the GetNetWise Website (www.getnetwise.org) to learn more about parental control tools.
CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address or zip code), or if you no longer desire to access our Website, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. This can be done in the Fan Forum section by making changes to your message board profile, by using an opt out message in an email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
A California privacy law that went into eTRUSTe Trust Markffect on January 1, 2005, allows California residents to obtain specific information about a business's privacy practices if it shares information with other companies for those companies' direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and have questions about our compliance with this law, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at San Diego Chargers, Website CA Privacy Rights, 4020 Murphy Canyon Rd, San Diego, CA 92123.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
San Diego Chargers,
4020 Murphy Canyon Rd
San Diego, CA 92123.