Punt returner-wide receiver
- Spurlock returned four punts for 107 yards, including a 63-yard punt-return touchdown in the Chargers’ 27-17 win at the New York Jets. Spurlock also added four kickoff returns for 66 yards (16.5 average) and one special teams tackle.
- His 173 total KR yards were the most in the NFL in Week 16
- Spurlock’s PR-TD was the first by a Charger since Darren Sproles in 2009.
- He registered the first punt-return touchdown against the Jets since Phillip Buchanon did it for Oakland on November 9, 2003 (78 yards).
- In his fifth season from Mississippi, this is Spurlock’s third career Special Teams Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2009 (Week 16) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- He is the first Charger to win Special Teams Player of the Week since
Richard Goodmanin 2011 (Week 17).